Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dream a little dream

I dreamt the waters of a huge river swelled with rain and it's current crashed over the banks and onto the land.
All my things were packed to leave but I stood there watching instead and the water rose up to the windows and seeped inside and all I had was ruined and swept away.
I seemed oddly unbothered by it, a slight hint of remorse that my things were lost and I kept watching the river rise and take over the land.

And the dream dictionary says:
"If the flood is raging then it represents emotional issues and tensions. Your repressed emotions are overwhelming you....another interpretation could be your desire to wipe everything clean and make a fresh new start."


My dreams are always bizzarre and vivid...yet they always seem to make perfect sense in the context of what's going on in my life when I break them down. They really do help me to understand things when I can't always pin down what's bothering me.
Water is the most recurrent theme in my dreams. Usually the ocean. And no matter what happens to me concerning the water (it can be something terrible--I once got sucked out to sea in an undertow in a dream) I always feel calm in the situation. And I always see myself in whatever I'm doing in those dreams--aerial view, an audience to my own involvement.

2 comments:

  1. considering all of your recent life changes (super stoked for you btw) and your pending move to germany, i think the water dream makes sense. you're in partly wiping things clean and making a new start.

    also, that opening paragraph has inspired a song. you'll get credit, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! lemme know when I can give it a listen :D

    thanks for being stoked for me. I definitely can't wait to really start living this new life :)

    ReplyDelete