Thursday, August 4, 2011

DIY Kick

So as the title states--I'm on a DIY kick. It's the getting ready to move thing, that's really causing it, I think. Since I'm going to be moving into army housing I'm already thinking about what I can do to liven up the space since I can't paint the walls or really change anything at all.

But that's okay because I spent five years learning how to be more creative, right? Right.
And I did kind of learn how to create art/do what I wanted to do within parameters set by my professors, etc etc (I won't bore you with art talk and lingo) so this is actually, oddly enough, right up my ally.

So I've been thinking about things I can do to the walls but not really do to the walls. And I've found some really cool ideas that I want to try very soon. Among them:
This project found on Bon Temps Beignet made from toilet paper/paper towel rolls. Yes. I want to try this myself asap! You should definitely check out her blog--so many awesome craft ideas.

And I got some burlap from the feed mill in town and I intend to stretch them over some old picture frames (because I couldn't find enough canvas stretcher bars at AC Moore...) and do some transfers using some of the FABULOUS graphics I've been finding on this blog: The Graphics Fairy. She has tons of free vintage clip art/graphics.

If the burlap stuff turns out good I think I'm going to make a tutorial to post.

AND I went to the library and got Martha Stewart's encyclopedia of Crafts. Yes. I didn't know this book existed. I hate Martha Stewart's attitude and the fact that she gets paid tons to sit around and think up cute ideas....but hey, you can't deny the lady's awesome ideas. Looks like there's a lot of stuff in it I want to try as well!

So as soon as I get a little more of the wedding plans knocked out I'm going to start doing some of this stuff. Can't wait to get started and hopefully I'll come up with some good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment