Sunday, August 28, 2011

The birthday has come and gone. I'm 4 days into my 24th year on the planet. It was pretty good. I got some awesome presents from my sister, mom and dad, Terry and Kathy, and Noah surprised me with some beautiful flowers and a sweet note. Among those presents were a kindle! The holga camera I wanted! A cute and awesomely warm snowboard jacket (nooo I don't snowboard--but I needed a new coat that'll stand up to winter and snow)! And some amazing smelling sugar scrub!

I can't wait to start putting the holga to good use. I'm already dreaming up pictures I can take. I'm waiting on the 35mm film adapter that I ordered to get here so I can use regular film as well as 120. And stupid me, leaving my photo enlarger up in boone...I could easily develop my own 120 prints if I had that thing. I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the guys who live in the house now and hope against hope that they didn't throw it away. If not I'm going straight up there and getting it tomorrow if possible. But we'll see.
I knew I'd need that thing. Oh well, it wasn't that expensive if it's gone. My fault for leaving it in the first place. BUT hopefully those dudes are lazy and haven't cleaned out the shed. hopefully.

I'm on my 3rd try for the painting....I've been kind of trying to work off another painting as inspiration and it's just not working. I don't think it works to try to do what someone else does. It always turns out better when I do what I know. Not saying you shouldn't break out of your own box sometimes but I guess you should trust in your own abilities and style more than trying to acheive someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment