Monday, September 27, 2010

Soap--The Finished Product


So here's the oatmeal/cinnamon leaf soap that was my first batch ever (not the best picture, apologies. I've gotta work on setting up a decent space to shoot my work).

The soap turned out great though! I had to wait 3 weeks for it to cure, so I just got around to testing it out a week or so ago. The oatmeal is gently exfoliating and it has a really nice subtle smell--really clean. Everybody who's taken a look at it/taken some/used it says they like it and the smell, etc. So I think it was a success (other than getting it stuck in the mold and having to pry it out painstakingly...which can be easily remedied next time). But yeah. I'm getting an order together for supplies and should be making some new batches soonish! Cucumber soap is definitely next and after that--not sure. Lavendar maybe? Guess we'll see.

In other news, I think i've found a place to sell my books in town so I'm gonna try to make about 10 (in a fairly short amount of time) and take them up there to see if the store owner is interested. I also got a commission to make a day planner for someone--it's going well but laying that thing out takes me back to my grahpic design class days ::shudder::. Half of it's done though and I plan on getting the rest of the layout done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment