Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fire!


With fall drawing nigh...and a stack of firewood left by the previous tenants--I just kept thinking how AWESOME it would be to have a fire pit in the backyard. I continued to think about this as I was riding my bike the other day after work, enjoying the mountain air. My thought pattern went a little something like this, as I recall: Fall is definitely close at hand. I had noticed a construction sight near the place where I parked my car...and that construction sight had a lot of good rocks. We need to have a bunch friends over to hang out soon, you know, it's so nice to sit around a warm fire and enjoy the company of said friends. And man, those rocks would be the PERFECT size for building up the wall of a fire pit. And the backyard wouldn't look so horribly empty if there was something in the middle of it...like a fire pit....

This lead to me getting a bunch of rocks and beginning to dig the fire pit as soon as I got home.

However, I definitely didn't get enough rocks. So the next day after work I went back....with a box. And filled it. And having Wednesday off work, I dug out the rest of the pit and built up a nice little rock wall around it, called up some friends later that night and we spent a good few hours hanging out, laughing, roasting marshmallows and what not....

At any rate--I don't know if building a fire pit counts as an art or a craft (Brandon assured me it counted as an earth work..."well, sort of...") but I must say, at the end of the day I was proud of my work and I think it's definitely a great addition to the yard and can't wait for cooler weather and more good times hanging out with friends around the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment