Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wedding Recap

It just occurred to me I haven't even touched on the wedding here in blog world. Dad and I watched the DVD of it today as I hadn't seen it yet and I was just smiling the whole time. 

All I can say is--it was perfect. The decorations were more beautiful than I had hoped, so many of our friends and family were there, and the ceremony itself was just...perfect. There's no other word for it. 
We wrote our own vows, and I guess that was my favorite part. When we got married "officially" at the courthouse in July we said the standard vows. But this time we got to say what we really wanted each other to know; got to spell out our commitment in our own way and voice. I thought both sets of vows were exactly "us" and beautiful. 

I don't really have much more to say than that. It's a day I could relive every single day, that much is for sure. It was absolutely amazing.  






No comments:

Post a Comment