Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Resolution and Things

I have decided on a pretty huge challenge for my new year resolution:

To really work on not letting myself get so stressed out over things.

Seriously, this is a huge HUGE challenge as I pretty much get stressed over everything--wanting things to be perfect, figured out and done as immediately as possible.

I have no idea how to go about it all, exactly--it pretty much goes against my personality not to worry and plan and make list after list after list of what must be done and when. But I feel it's something I really need to work on.

So will I be successful in this endeavor? I have no clue. Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know how possible it is to change the roots of your personality. I just know it's unhealthy for me to be as stressed out as I am most of the time. We'll see how this goes. Any tips, books, advice--are absolutely welcome.


As for life--Noah went back to Germany yesterday :(. But should only be gone for a month-ish. Then he comes back and we have a little while in NC and then off to El Paso. Hah, this will no doubt make my new year challenge even harder. ;)

Ah, 2011 was extremely epic. At the end of January/first of February, I started dating Noah (after 11 years of being close friends), July we got engaged and 4 days after that we were married :), June-July took my first trip overseas to the UK, then October my second trip overseas to Germany, August moved back home, December had a wedding, got a new car... all in the span of 12 months. So yes--Epic doesn't even cover it. But I feel like 2012 is going to be even better-- I'm looking forward to this move. Actually I'm really looking forward to all of 2012. I'm happy that this year Noah and I won't have to be apart like we were this past year. We get to have a home together, I get to move to a brand new place, we just got a new car--new new new! I feel like that's the word of 2012. I'm ready for new--adventures abound!

No comments:

Post a Comment