Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hello Spring! I missed you, so!

So this morning I woke up at 4:30 AM...not on purpose. I ended up going up to the parkway and going for a short run around 8. It was nice--nobody out up there, just me and the woods and the ground under my feet.
I'm not a good runner. It's not my legs, it's my lungs that give me trouble. Gotten better since I started riding the bike but I've still got a lot of work to do before I even consider myself a runner at all.

Think I'm going to start running before I go into work in the mornings, the days I go in at 11 anyway. Just up and down my road a few times. Hopefully I can make that happen. I hate waking up earlier than normal but...oh well. It'll be worth it.
My arm workouts are starting to pay off, I think. Seem to be getting a little more toned. Slowly but surely. I never thought I'd ever like arm workouts...but I've gotten to the point where I look forward to coming home and having that time. Same with the bike...and I guess if I keep at it running will take on that same appeal.
At any rate spring is making me feel better in general I think. I was way over winter and spring is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment