Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Holga

Well, it didn't take me long to get addicted to the Holga camera.
I think this thing's gonna be good for me. It's been a while since I've looked at the world through the eyes of a photographer. I know that sounds weird--it's not like I haven't been taking pictures or anything. But what I mean is--constantly thinking "oh hey, that would be a cool photo." "what if I stand up here, what does that look like?"


My brain needs that sort of exercise. Really takes my mind off things and let's me loose from the hold of my overactive thoughts. Guess it just focuses all that nervous energy on something that can't really be overthought and so it's fun. More's the beauty of this camera: You're not trying to get something perfect (because that's impossible), you have no idea what you're really capturing (you just know you're capturing something), and chances are--it's gonna look sweet when it's developed. A triple win situation.

I sent a roll of film off Saturday so that'll be back soon and I just finished one up tonight..well..kind of botched it I think but...oh well. Not too worried about it. I think tomorrow I might make a playlist and go find somewhere to drive or walk around and just snap away.

No comments:

Post a Comment